Five key travel industry statistics you need to know
- According to Uniting Travel, in 2019, the travel and tourism sector contributed $2.9 trillion to the global economy; that’s more than France’s total GDP in 2017!
- According to Morning Consult, 58% of business travellers say they are travelling in the summer of 2021 for work.
- According to TripAdvisor, 65% of leisure travellers did not travel internationally in 2020.
- According to TripAdvisor, 47% of travellers globally say they plan to travel internationally in 2021.
- According to Expedia Group, 59% of travellers are willing to pay higher fees to make their trip more sustainable.
Will Cryptocurrency Payments in Travel Become Mainstream? Over the last few months, I’ve noticed more discussions